About St. Timothy Catholic Church
“St. Timothy Catholic Church is committed to teaching and living the Gospel of Jesus Christ within our diverse ethnic community through meaningful worship and celebration of the sacraments. We witness to His message by reaching out and welcoming the stranger, caring for those in need, respecting the sanctity of human life and working for peace and justice in our community.
The History of St. Timothy Catholic Church
St. Timothy Roman Catholic Church, celebrating 83 years in the West Rogers Park area, proudly looks back on a long tradition of involvement and service to the community. Established by His Eminence George Cardinal Mundelein in April 1925, the parish boundaries were defined by Pratt to the north, Peterson to the south, Western to the east, and the North Branch of the Chicago River to the west. At that time the parish was intended to serve the largely Irish population. Church property at Washtenaw and Rosemont was mostly surrounded by small truck farms, although many single family homes and apartments were being built.
For more current history see the History page.
Pastoral Council Mike Connelly ; Finance Council Mike Welch; Women’s Club Karen Vanouek; SPRED Cathy Backer ; RCIA Cindy Shaw; Worship Committee Pat Johnson; Parish & Family Life Jo Ann Blaquera; Peace & Justice Mary Mudd; Education Commission Cathy Backer; Baptism Eduardo Sanchez; Eucharistic Adoration Domingo Carreira; Perpetual Novena Anita Salvania; Respect Life Ed Keefe; Youth Coordinator Cindy Shaw; Hospitality Karen Vanourek; Ushers Martin Traub; Building Committee Joe Vanourek